On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 02:34:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Unfortunately we won't participate in GSoC this year. The decision was not surprising - our application has been rejected.

Sadly there are lots of things we could have done better. Our application has been a low-priority side job for Walter and myself and as such its quality has suffered greatly.

GSoC applications are a great example of things where one or more community members can have a large impact on D's well being by offloading a parallelizable work from the two of us.

Please consider taking a leadership role for GSoC 2015.

Andrei

How much time did you spend on the application this year? How much time do you think would be needed to put together a good quality proposal?