On 2/27/14, 1:42 PM, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 21:37:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 2/27/14, 11:11 AM, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
One more question. Do you feel this is a job that someone who isn't
necessarily well versed in the various technologies could take on (in a
sort of manager role), or would you need someone who has the expertise
to evaluate various proposals.

Any motivated individual with little to moderate expertise can do it.
The application is for the most part filling forms and creating prose.
A person who's on top of things can prod contributors into submitting
ideas, rally mentors, make sure the related web pages are in good
shape, etc. etc. etc. To put things into perspective, we could have
missed the deadline if the thing didn't bubble up to my level of
consciousness.

Andrei

In that case, as Yoda would say:

Volunteer to prepare GSoC 2015 proposal I shall.

Do you have copies of past submissions as a guideline, or is it just
what is on the Wiki.

Congratulations and good luck! Stay tuned to the general GSoC process and I hope you'll be around in December :o).

Google doesn't save past submissions. We have our older gsoc pages on dlang.org and the wiki. I think Walter saved some form data.

Andrei