On Thursday, 20 March 2014 at 21:17:33 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On Thursday, 20 March 2014 at 08:30:09 UTC, ponce wrote:
Related: please consider using parts of SimpleRNG the excellent work of John D. Cook which provides many random distributions in a compact and documented way.

https://github.com/p0nce/gfm/blob/master/math/gfm/math/simplerng.d (here a port)

Good call, I'll take a close look at that. Can you provide me with a link to the original project too? (Yes, I can just Google it, I'm being lazy:-)

http://www.johndcook.com/SimpleRNG.h
http://www.johndcook.com/SimpleRNG.cpp

You will find that there is no license information.
But the author intended this as public domain, he will confirm if send an e-mail.