On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 23:49:41 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Hello all,

As some of you may already know, monarch_dodra and I have spent quite a lot of time over the last year discussing the state of std.random. To cut a long story short, there are significant problems that arise because the current RNGs are value types rather than reference types.

Any chance that you could describe them? I was about to resume porting the dcrypt library into Phobos, and had intended to flip the classes into structs, to match what the rest of the library was doing.