On 4/9/2014 1:58 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Tooling is certainly very important, but until someone comes up with a
substitute for "programming languages" that actually *works well* as a
*complete* substitute (decades of attempts, still zero successes), then unlike
tooling, the language is still the one thing that's absolutely *mandatory*.

Yeah, I've seen the "programming without programming" tools come and go over the decades. I'm not holding my breath.

To me, they always seem like "learn without effort" and "get fit without exercise" pitches.