I use vibe.d for a small server side application. It's quite fast, although we haven't tested it on a larger scale yet. On the downside, vibe.d's API is not quite intuitive, so it takes a while to get used to it. But that might be down to the fact that it's not easy to write an intuitive API for the web with all the different bits and pieces that have different logics to them.

If I see things right vibe.d is distributed. Channels and goroutines in Go aren't! It's just concurrency being very simple through the use of goroutines and channels that makes Go appealing to things that by nature use to be concurrent.

In Java there is vert.x, which is pretty much the same thing as vibe.d. But the success in using Go for server-side applications comes from plain local concurrency being simple the way it is >built into the language<.

I don't see any system for Go that comes close to vibe.d or vert.x. What makes the difference is that concurrency as such is in the language and through the use of CSP has become very easy to use. Making concurrency in D very easy >in the D language< is what would IMHO make the difference.