On Thursday, 24 April 2014 at 14:10:07 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 24/04/14 09:19, Atila Neves wrote:

I did, yeah, that's why I asked that question recently about calling D
from Ruby.

Right, that was you.

I also thought of using Thrift and played about with it but
in the end decided that the simplest option is to just use the wire protocol. It even reports back D exception information back, so the only real thing I can see that's missing is the snippet suggestions when the
steps aren't defined yet.

If Ruby is embedded Cucumber could be embedded as well, perhaps. Then you could get an executable without dependencies.

Or I could carry on implementing all the Cucumber features and end up with an executable that does everything the Ruby version does. I'm happy with what I've got now though, but the embedding thing is interesting. I just decided that embedding was too much work.

Atila