On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 15:28:01 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
Everything sounds great, really can't wait. Coming from C++ I am really interested in resource management. I still can't find myself in non-deterministic d-tor / GC world (and recent discussion on removal of d-tors entirely isn't helping ;P).

Actually, my main recommendation is to try not to worry about it and love the GC! When it works, it really is pretty nice, and I find it works well enough in most places to be really useful.

But when it isn't right for you, then the other options come in and I showed some tricks to do it. Move semantics, for example, might not be obvious but is easy once you see the trick: disable the postblit and provide a release method. So that's the kind of stuff the chapter focuses on.