On 6/2/2014 5:16 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:00:17 -0700
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

Captioning also helps people who aren't native english speakers.

And native English speakers as well. It's not all that infrequent that I end
up temporarily turning on subtitles in a movie that I'm watching, because the
actor didn't say the line clearly enough.

Or because somebody in the production studio decided the music and sound effects needed to be at least 2x louder than the dialog. I've played games that had the same problem, too (but at least some of those will let you fix the studio's broken mixing). Ok, maybe that's not a problem for DConf, granted ;)

But yea, I use subtitles over english audio all the time, too (also a native speaker with no auditory disability).