On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 21:28:28 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 20:37:48 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
hmm well all string-mixins life at compile-time. So one can print them out at runtime. Dump the source and put it into the AST. Same for the results of static if, and the like.

I imagine that trying to create an automated refactoring tool for D is a bit like parsing HTML with regex.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1732348/regex-match-open-tags-except-xhtml-self-contained-tags

A hypothetical dfix-tool has a diffrent scope compared to a compiler. Every sufficiently complex tranformation is very hard to do automaticlly. My goal is just to make simple tasks simple. I hope superficial understanding of D's AST is enough for that.