On Saturday, 12 July 2014 at 00:13:47 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
For convenience, the list of unresolved issues marked as regressions: https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&resolution=---

Seems like there is still quite a way to go until we can release RC1.

David

David, I'm sure you are aware that list will never be empty. The last release lasted from mid November to 24 February and that list was never empty once during that entire time. The only way we will empty that list is to prevent people from submitting new regressions during a review.

When I checked the list yesterday the count was at 9: right now it is at 12. And at least on of those items on the list has been there since 2011.

The reality is that zero emphasis is place on regressions unless it's time for a release, and even then, only a few people pay attention to them. Everyone else just continue on in their happy world doing "what's important to them". You you cannot ask that anyone work on anything because if it's not important in their minds, they will not do it. They'd much rather sit around and biker about how you did it incorrectly. Which, in my opinion, is a huge wast of time and resource.

So I have some questions: What is the magic number that will trigger the release? What happens if we never reach that number? Do we just continue waiting for it or do we make a decision at some point that it's time? If so, how long do we wait? Is there one person who makes the decision, or is it decision automatic? If there is a person, who is it?