On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 00:23:22 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 8/18/2014 7:14 PM, Dicebot wrote:

I also propose to start 2.067 beta branch right now and declare it yet
another bug-fixing release.

Seconded.

Regardless of whether we start another release going that quickly or not, I think that we really need to figure out how to be doing regressionless releases more along the lines of 2 months apart. And if we're getting a lot of those, maybe we should operate more like the linux kernel, which has a merge window of something like a week after a release before they start turning that into the next release - in which case we would do something like continue to merge changes into master all the time but create a new branch and start regressing it within a week or two of actually completing the previous release. Certainly, I don't think that we should wait more than a month before branching, since if we took a month, that would leave a month to get all of the regressions ironed out and still have a 2 month release cycle, and with how things have been going, I'm not sure that we'd even manage to do that in a month.

- Jonathan M Davis