Am Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:20:43 +0000
schrieb "Don" <x...@nospam.com>:

> On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 08:18:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
> > On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 08:08:23 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> >> But that downloaded file is bloatware, because it has to
> >> implement functionality, which is not provided by the system.
> >> That tiny pe file doesn't download anything, it's completely
> >> done by the system.
> >
> > Yeah…
> >
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/284797/hello-world-in-less-than-20-bytes
>
> My personal best --
>
> At my first job, a customer once made a request for a very simple
> DOS utility. They did mention that they didn't have much disk
> space on their machine, so they asked me to try to make the
> program small.
> That was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Naturally, I wrote it
> in asm.
> The final executable size was 15 bytes. <g>
> The customer loved it.

Vladimir: Good job!
Don: Nice story. What did it do?

During my time at a vocation school I wrote some stuff like a
tiny Windows media player with some of the ASM in the DOS/PE
header area. And an animated GIF player in ASM as a .com
executable with the GIF included in it. (Easy since GIF
algorithms are 16-bit and they use 8-bit color palettes)

--
Marco