On Tuesday, 9 September 2014 at 10:20:44 UTC, Don wrote:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/284797/hello-world-in-less-than-20-bytes

My personal best --

At my first job, a customer once made a request for a very simple DOS utility. They did mention that they didn't have much disk space on their machine, so they asked me to try to make the program small. That was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Naturally, I wrote it in asm.
The final executable size was 15 bytes. <g>
The customer loved it.

:-) Out of curiosity, did you use the debug-section-hack they use for the tiny "hello world!" file in the link?

Sometimes when I download bloated apps I keep thinking that if it had been done in an old-school way it would all fit in the CPU cache. I've gotta find my old 8-bit 6510/6800 code some day and take a look at it.