On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 20:49:37 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
Yes, sorry, that was the wrong command. Currently you have to also specify the full paths to the compiler on make's command line. I sent in two pull requests to document and simplify building phobos32mscoff.lib:

Thanks, I tried merging the modifications into the 'win32mscoff.mak' files I've made, since it seems like there's too much hacking to get this to work right, and why not just have a 3rd build option that reflects what it really makes?

Anyway, I still am encountering the same problem previously described with those error messages. I've narrowed it down to a seeming problem with the way the versioning seems to work?

The file stdio.d is importing 'FHND_WCHAR' and 'FHND_TEXT', which are only declared for the CRuntime_DigitalMars version. (The file is importing from druntime.import.core.stdc where those symbols are found.)

I tried forcing version=CRuntime_Microsoft in the DMD flags, but it doesn't seem to care.

Perhaps this is an issue with the current beta, but I'm not experienced enough with make files or versioning etc to make that determination.