On 09.10.2014 08:29, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 08/10/14 22:47, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

C main is no longer under user control, because it is auto-generated
with D main. I never liked that change, we've just discovered another
reason.

All platforms have API's to access the command line arguments passed to
"main". On OS X that would be "_NSGetArgv" and "_NSGetArgc".

Yes, but the problem is not to access command line arguments, but to run code before the GC initialization i.e. before _d_run_main is executed.

If we can assume a C++ backend, using static initialization of a C++ global could work:

   static bool initGC = configureGC();

because the C++ runtime runs configureGC before calling C main. I'd rather like to see a solution using D, though.