On 10/11/2014 4:23 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
It basically defines a bunch of environment variables and run the
binary. This is a super common practice in posix systems. We are not
inventing anything here. I don't know how windows or other OSs deal with
defining environment variables in a script.

Very basic facilities are always configured this way, for example try
man 3 mallopt to see how can you change options in the malloc
implementation using environment variables...

I don't deny it is common practice on Linux, but defining a bunch of environment variables and then running the app, i.e. using the ev's as command line switches, seems pointless. Just use command line switches.

Anyhow, environment variables are a common source of problems on Windows, which is why dmd, for example, uses dmd.conf instead.