On 2014-10-30 10:16, Martin Nowak wrote:

Instead of adding the selector syntaxsyntax you could reuse pragma mangle.

extern (Objective-C)
class NSComboBox : NSTextField
{
     private void* _dataSource;

     pragma(mangle, objcMangle!(NSComboBox, "insertItemWithObjectValue",
"atIndex")
     void insertItem(ObjcObject object, NSInteger value);
}

Alternatively a compiler recognized UDA would work too.

     @objcSel!("insertItemWithObjectValue", "atIndex")
     void insertItem(ObjcObject object, NSInteger value);

Changing the lexer and parser would affect all D language tools
(editors, formatters, linters, other compilers). So now that we do have
UDAs I don't see a justification for changing the syntax and grammar of D.

Seems like a fair point, I guess I could change that. I prefer using a UDA for this.

--
/Jacob Carlborg
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D/Objective-C 64bit Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce