Can't you just call "super" in the beginning of the method and then call return "this" at the end. Something like this:

override KeyboardView initWithFrame(NSRect frame) [initWithFrame:] {
    super.initWithFrame(frame);
    // my stuff
    return this;
}

Ups, sorry, my bad! I was trying this and had an exception, but not from the constructor! Of course this works just fine! Excuse me for the noise, I should remove my post (if I only could ;).

              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D/Objective-C 64bit Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce