On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 00:56:12 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 December 2014 at 21:56:31 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
[snip]

I hope so too! The CAPTCHA only triggers on a spam check fail, which should not occur for normal forum content.

I get the captcha every single time I post at home. I suspect it's because I'm on IPv6. Everything else about home and work is almost identical (same browser versions, same extensions, same ISP, same OS, almost the same hardware).

Right, that's because StopForumSpam can't understand IPv6, and we treated spam checking errors as spam just to be cautious. That should be fixed as of last night.

No algorithms, no math. Just extremely basic stuff. Nobody, not even our weirdly efficient resident furniture spam bot is going to take the time to write a bot to answer a question like that.

As I said, it's not about bots any more. The wiki got flooded after one person solved the D-specific question, after which the old CAPTCHA became useless.