On Friday, 26 December 2014 at 12:33:04 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
DlangUI project is alive and under active development.
- new controls: ScrollWidget, TreeView, ComboBox, ...
- new dialogs: FileOpenDialog, MessageBox
- a lot of bugfixes
- performance improvements in software renderer
- killer app: new example - Tetris game :)
# download sources
git clone https://github.com/buggins/dlangui.git
# example 1 - demo for most of widgets
dub run dlangui:example1 --build=release
# tetris - demo for game development
dub run dlangui:tetris --build=release
DlangUI is cross-platform GUI library written in D.
- cross platform: uses SDL for linux/macos, Win32 API or SDL
- hardware acceleration: uses OpenGL for drawing when built
with version USE_OPENGL
- easy to extend: since it's native D library, you can add your
own widgets and extend functionality
- Unicode and internationalization support
- easy to customize UI - look and feel can be changed using
themes and styles
- API is a bit similar to Android - two phase layout, styles
Screenshots (a bit outdated):
See project page for details.
I would like to get any feedback.
Will be glad to see advises, bug reports, feature requests.
Great work. I left the idea to make GUI apps with D since a while
but your project almost conviced me to give another try. I don't
like the other options (GtkD, the other based on java things, the
one based on tcl). It looks like the native GUI framework a lot
of people are expecting. DQuick had my interest too but it seems
that it's dormant since a small year now.