On 2015-01-30 13:50, Chris wrote:

I do understand where the name is coming from, but (as has been pointed
out by others already) it offers no clue as to what it is doing. Looking
at the name it's anybody's guess what it is. It's easier to remember a
tool, if it has a reference to what it's all about, e.g. Cygwin, htod.

Many projects/companies have completely unrelated names to what they do. I'm tired of trying to come up with cleaver names that have some kind of meaning.

What has "Phobos" to do with D or programming? Nothing about "Apple" suggests they sell computers.

--
/Jacob Carlborg