On 2015-01-30 15:19, Chris wrote:

I see what you mean, I'm tired of clever backronyms [1] too. However,
DStep is not a product or a company like Apple but a tool with a very
specific use. If I look for a tool, I prefer it to have what it does in
the name, simply because it's easier to find it with a search engine.
E.g. if there is a color picker plugin written in JavaScript, it makes
sense that it has the words "color" and "picker" or something in the
name (JSColorPicker) or so, because that's what you type into the search
engine. If someone is wondering if there is an automatic converter form
C.h to D, what will s/he type? Probably something like "C to D
conversion programming" or "convert C headers/files to D". It's not
about aesthetics, it's about being practical. C2D or CtoD (as has been
suggested) are the most practical names. "C.hD" would be a nice pun.

I think that changing the name now is too late.

--
/Jacob Carlborg