On Friday, 30 January 2015 at 20:27:22 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-01-30 15:19, Chris wrote:

I see what you mean, I'm tired of clever backronyms [1] too. However, DStep is not a product or a company like Apple but a tool with a very specific use. If I look for a tool, I prefer it to have what it does in the name, simply because it's easier to find it with a search engine. E.g. if there is a color picker plugin written in JavaScript, it makes sense that it has the words "color" and "picker" or something in the name (JSColorPicker) or so, because that's what you type into the search engine. If someone is wondering if there is an automatic converter form
C.h to D, what will s/he type? Probably something like "C to D
conversion programming" or "convert C headers/files to D". It's not about aesthetics, it's about being practical. C2D or CtoD (as has been suggested) are the most practical names. "C.hD" would be a nice pun.

I think that changing the name now is too late.

At version 0.0.1? :)