On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 at 11:48:48 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 at 00:26:13 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Szymon Gatner" wrote in message news:oofoormyfxkefokvk...@forum.dlang.org...

i really try not to be whiny about it but it is sooo frustrating. d advertises itself as easy to integrate with c/c++ and maybe in theory it is but in practice it is not true at all. simplest example from Adam's book I followed crashed miserable so I can only assume that -nobody- is mixing c++ with d on Win.

DDMD is mixing D and C++ on all the autotester platforms. It's not that simple, but it should be possible.

Honestly, I am not willing to try even less mature compiler (last month it was finished?) to try the feature that does not work in the reference one.

Don't get me wrong, we do want to be early adopters, but there is nothing to adopt yet.

So, Adam's book worked pretty well for me. What specific issues
are you having?

I remember asking StackOverflow about one particular issue I was
having getting functions to work with SAS, and Adam responded in
half an hour. Before that though, I already had the answer to the
question. Perhaps the question might help you:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25868600/could-a-d-dll-work-within-sas
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... csmith1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Kapps via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release Candidate D 2.... Baz via Digitalmars-d-announce