On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 06:05:25 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 22:30:10 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

Downplaying other languages makes the D crowd look desperate...

and we are. see for example bug#14035. "typesystem? lolwut, never heard about that thing!" that's why i'd better report bugs directly to Kenji:
he is a sane person.

D most certainly needs stronger typing, not sure why it tries to propagate the weak typing of C. I find myself adding extra template parameters and "explicit" in my C++ code just to get stronger typing. New AoT languages ought to do better than C++.

What Go really got right was to have untyped literals. If you combine that with a orthogonal weak-cast operator with pleasant syntax then you have something.

Strong explicit typing also makes it possible to overload on return values... Something I really want to see in a C++ replacement language.