On Sunday, 7 June 2015 at 05:30:56 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 20:07:20 +0000, Atila Neves wrote:

Original discussion:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/ranqlmrjornlvopsu...@forum.dlang.org

Now, with the `-b binary` option, reggae creates an executable called "build" in the build directory (i.e. wherever the CWD was when calling the tool) that knows how to build the project. If needed, there is no longer a dependency on make or ninja. I haven't tested it extensively, but it does pass all the other tests I wrote for make and ninja, so it
looks good.

Atila

wow. now i'm really thinking about migrating to Reggae! ;-)

Cool. :)

The binary backend isn't very good (it's probably as slow as make); I did the simplest thing that would work. I want to eventually optimise it so it's competitive with ninja and tup. But to do that I need to measure, and to do that I need to write the tup backend and a program to generate a synthetic project with thousands of files.

Atila

Atila