On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 19:15:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
The decision stands. Too many obscure choices presented with equal importance is just a bad user experience.

There is more to this than just user experience.

If you go to file a bug in a large mature project, for example KDE or Firefox, you'll see that their Bugzilla instances have myriads of projects, components and subcomponents. There is actually an important reason for this: each component can have a maintainer, who will be notified and automatically assigned to the bug. If a maintainer resigns, his components can be divided among others.

I have long thought that we should encourage "ownership" of parts of Phobos (and the project as a whole). For example, I'm interested in receiving bug reports and reviewing PRs concerning std.file and std.process (but not e.g. std.algorithm). Bugzilla has the capability of automatically choosing an assignee for the respective component, we would just need to configure it.

Getting past contributors involved is one way we can fight lack of PR reviews. The new subscription feature of forum.dlang.org is another step towards this, but I have a few more things planned to bring this idea in full force.