On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 13:11:51 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Looks like progress is being made on planting the seeds of a matrix implementation and computation library on top.

Ilya Yaroshenko is doing great work here.

Yes - Ilya's work looks great, and Vlad Levenfeld has some interesting ideas too (less specifically on matrices, but relating to them).

Well, as i briefly mentioned in my talk, it's really very easy to do, Jupyter/IPython makes it simple. Of course, behind the scenes Pyd is doing the hard work.

Yes - so often it's the last bit of integration that isn't so hard but removes frictions that makes it possible to realize the value created by all the foundational meta work. And solving one's own problems is often a route to completing that integration.

Visualisation is one of those things that no-one seems to have got right, despite the huge efforts that have gone in to it. I have ideas about D-based visualisation and already my own basic 3-D plotting library for huge datasets, but for now the link to python is key to get quick and easy access to the latest tools that the scientific and finance world are creating.

Would love to see it when it is ready (although I haven't used 3d plots much myself). Agree about python, for better or for worse.

There is http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/rossant/9463955 (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZFSFR6Yeo for demo) which looks like a good starting point, but it's very basic.

If https://github.com/quantopian/qgrid supported editing (perhaps it does already, but I can't see any mention of it) then that would probably be better.

Thank you for these - I will take a look.

Laeeth.