The dragon book is pretty much in textbook price territory (and it is used as one), so that's _way_ higher than your typical programming books costs, but $25 - $30 is still on the low end. Given that it's also available for free online, I suppose that that does change the equation a bit, since arguably, folks are paying primarily for what it costs to print and distribute it more than really paying Ali for his time and effort, but if it really costs that much to print and distribute it, then that's what it costs. And honestly, if Ali wants to make some money off the print version, I think that that's perfectly reasonable.

- Jonathan M Davis

I see the dragon book has four authors. I bet Walter Bright by himself could write a better one. :)