On 2015-07-30 12:19, ponce wrote:
Based on prior Jacob Carlborg'work (AFAIK) and inspired by DerelictCF
(https://github.com/Extrawurst/DerelictCF), DerelictCocoa is an
elaborated hack to be able to use Cocoa without Xcode (tm).

It does _not_ rely on the recent extern(Objective-C) additions so I'm a
bit unsure how far the compatibility will go in the OS X lineage.

https://github.com/p0nce/DerelictCocoa

This is an unofficial Derelict package, so use at your own risk.

I had a quick look at the implementation. You're not using the objc_msgSend_* family of functions correctly. That's one of the main reasons why extern(Objective-C) was implemented. I strongly recommend you adapting extern(Objective-C) instead. At least read the commit message [1] for the commit which implements extern(Objective-C). It explains how objc_msgSend_* works.

I can provide more detail if necessary.

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/867d5479b6d98b23b6c797ee487d1ec1474bee10

--
/Jacob Carlborg