On 2015-08-14 13:19, ponce wrote:

Hi Jacob,

I'd be interested by an email or IRC conversation about this. How best
to contact you?

I guess it depends on the time zones, I'm living in UTC+2.

I managed to create a NSView subclass classes at runtime and override
methods (that involved instance variables for the this pointer).

However a painful thing is for those function returning NSPoint. Some
guidance would be welcome!

Yeah, here comes the tricky part. All methods returning a struct must use the objc_msgSend_stret, EXCEPT if the struct is so small it will fit in registers, then it must use the regular objc_msgSend function.

Also, you always need to cast the objc_msgSend_* function to the correct signature, the signature of the target method.

--
/Jacob Carlborg