On Friday, 28 August 2015 at 16:12:47 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2015-08-28 at 13:08 +0000, Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

Startup still happen, but it is now really to create the technology to be bought by a corporate before sales, so for small value. Serial entrepreneurism is the thing now. I suspect "The Valley" is now like this: the opportunities for a new Microsoft or Google are much smaller, at least until there is a new disruptive technology a la Facebook.

I find this quite interesting - the "Don't fall in love with your business" mentality is truly there. Maybe it's the romantic in me, but I like to think that if I do ever create a company, I'd like to be the one to run it into the ground, thank you very much!