On Friday, 28 August 2015 at 13:08:36 UTC, Chris wrote:
On Friday, 28 August 2015 at 12:28:43 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Thu, 2015-08-27 at 16:01 +0000, BBasile via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[…]

That's courageous, particularly past 50 yo. It's a different culture, past 50 yo in Europe people choose security, but in USA, past 50 yo some people still take the risk to try something new. Awesome.

I say "bollocks" to your accusation that Europeans post 50 are a bunch of useless idiots.

I call double "bollocks" on the claim that only in the USA do people do anything.

I agree (I think it's the first time I agree with you!). Age is a state of mind. I've seen people in their 20ies who only think about a pension plan and watch TV every evening until they fall asleep.

But in general, people slow down mentally as they age. Most US companies - and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook is leading the charge with his FWD.us lobby group - would prefer the government give them the capability to hire an unlimited amount of 25 year old foreign programmers instead of them having to hire 50 year old American programmers.