On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 at 22:54:40 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
First, the event was recorded. There was a professional A/V studio working with multiple cameras, additional lighting, the works (though they did have some audio problems in the beginning). Andrei confirmed that the recordings will be published.

Super good news.

The audience was packed - 400 people in total. Quite amazing. I did not recognize anyone, which on the other hand is great because the event reached 399 people new to D :) Also the % of women was much higher than the past DConfs I've attended. There were a few people in the audience familiar with recent/untraditional programming languages (Rust, Nim, Haskell) so there was some nice dialogue at times (Andrei had to impose a budget on the first 5 rows to get the rest of the audience to participate).

Super good news as well :)

Andrei's first talk was mainly concerning with "pure", its variants (strong/weak), rules and benefits, as well as a quick description of CTFE and the famous ctRegex benchmark where D beats everything else. I'm not sure if some slides were skipped over due to time constraints.

I think I've seen that one so many time I could do it myself :)

Walter's talk was about how D was extended to gradually support more ways to interface with C++ (class/vtable layouts, namespaces, extern(C++), name mangling etc.) and how it helped DDMD.

DO WANT :)

This was all for the conference. We took the rest of the weekend to tour Brașov and do some sightseeing. The most striking thing about the city is the number of roundabouts - probably 90% of intersections were replaced by them! If you're around, do make sure to make the climb to the mountain looming above the old city (or just take the cable car), the view is awesome.

The city I originally come from is well know for its overuse of roundabout as well, preferably all the most confusing forms they can exist, like this : http://www.lacaravane.com/photos/double-rondpoint-Nantes.jpg or that : https://inconvenantes.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rond-point-bouche-dc3a9vier.jpg