On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 at 23:21:04 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 10/14/2015 04:15 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
Skimming through that, it looks like a completely different talk (also
very interesting)! Will watch that too.

Thanks. I should have searched properly before asking. "Writing Quick Code in C++, Quickly" is more promising:

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea5DiCg8HOY

Not that one either. Last week's optimization tasks were for some simple common things, such as counting the log10 of an integer (how many decimal digits it has), or converting an integer to a decimal ASCII string (the context being optimizing the HHVM runtime at Facebook I think).