On 10/18/2015 02:35 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 19:12:41 Andrei Alexandrescu via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On 10/17/15 4:06 PM, suliman wrote:
Can anybody outside USA join to the foundation?

As a member, yes. We'll define private and corporate membership with
sponsorship levels etc.

As an officer, I'm not sure; I'll ask. Anyway we want to keep the number
of officers small for the time being.

I think that it's going to need to be made clear what it even means to be
either a member or an officer. And does any of that relate to the
development teams for the various d-programming-language projects on github?
While having an official, legal entity for D aside from Digital Mars is
certainly a big step, I'm not sure that it's at all clear what it really
means or how it will affect D aside from the fact that it's an entity to
which people can donate money and which will then spend that money towards
the betterment of D. Certainly, none of that is clear to me, and I expect
that it's the same for many others (and much of it may be completely
undecided at this point, but these are details that are going to need to be
clear to the D community at some point and which aren't necessarily
particularly clear right now).

Thanks for the inquiry. We've had our first organizational meeting during which we decided to proceed with creating an EIN (Employer Identification Number), which we have since acquired: 47-5352856. Also we decided to proceed with creating a bank account. I'm currently investigating choosing an appropriate bank, preferably United Bank of Do Not Rip Me Off. Suggestions welcome. We'll also proceed with inquiring for an accountant to deal with foundation's yearly taxes.

To address your question: there are currently three officers: Walter Bright (President), Ali Çehreli (Secretary), and myself (Vice President and Treasurer). A member is a supporter and possibly sponsor of the Foundation. We're considering several membership kinds (e.g. honorific, student, individual, corporate) and levels, some that entail a sponsorship, and some that involve no monetary involvement.

An officer is an administrator of the Foundation. We have been advised independently by our attorney and by a different foundation creator that we should keep officers to a minimum, three being the sweet spot. More officers means more politics. So we're moving forward with three officers for the time being. Of course the foundation can have several employees that are not officers; we hope to get there soon.

Thanks,

Andrei