On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 18:23:08 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 10/22/2015 09:08 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 10/21/2015 1:38 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 19:03:56 UTC, Suliman wrote:
Could anybody reddit this benchmark?

done
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3pojrz/the_fastest_json_parser_in_the_world/

It's item 9 on the front page of https://news.ycombinator.com/ too!

This has been a homerun. Congratulations for this work and also for publicizing it! (Consider it might have remained just one forum discussion read by all of 80 persons...) -- Andrei

We really do need to stop hiding our light under a bushel. Thinking in marketing terms doesn't always come easy to technically minded people, and I understand why, but ultimately the community benefits a great deal from people becoming aware of the very real benefits D has to offer (alas people won't just get it, even if you think they should), and there are personal career benefits too from helping communicate how you have applied D to do useful work. It's hard to find great programmers and showing what you can do will pay off over time.