On Monday, 21 December 2015 at 17:28:51 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3xq2ul/codedive_2015_talk_three_cool_things_about_d/

https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/1192267587453587

https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/678989872367988741

Andrei

Just watched the whole video, even though I've seen a prior version of this talk. It was different enough in the jokes and delivery that I still enjoyed it. Some notes:

1. Saying "Anywho" to segue to a new topic seems to be a verbal tic of Andrei's now.

2. It's claimed that scoped imports sped up D compilation: has this been measured? It would help if measurements were cited, as done for compile-time regex performance at the end.

3. It's better that you show usage examples of a PEGGED grammar now, as opposed to a previous talk that ended with the mixin slide, but I think it'd be best if you actually worked a toy example out and showed the generated D code, to really drive the point home. Even better if it wasn't something you could trivially write in D itself, like the arithmetic example you gave.