On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 06:30:28 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
If not a tagging system then at least adding synonyms would be great.

dpldocs.info actually had this in its first version, way back in 2010, because so many people would ask me these kinds of things.

In the first draft, I did it as a separate database. In the new one, I will add a "Tags:" section to my ddoc parser that will figure them all out. The search engine will use it definitely, and perhaps the See Also referencer too, though I'm not sure about how that'd look. I need to flesh things out a bit more.

I'm also thinking about adding a "category" thing too but submodules or aggregates in the source code are usually better there, so I'll probably stop at tags.

In the ddoc source code, the section would look like:

/++
    Some explanation

    See_Also:
        * $(REF indexOf)
        * $(REF findSplit)
    Tags: contains, in
+/
.... canFind()...

That is, the tags is just a comma-separated list of keywords in the source.