On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 22:48:52 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 10:28:48 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Saturday, 16 January 2016 at 17:55:13 UTC, karabuta wrote:

I've long wished the D and moons were what was considered the logo[1]. The current one has three borders, a drop shadow, and gradients up the wazoo. Anything tacked on beyond the iconic shape should just be done based on context (like using red or white for the logo, a background color, etc.)

Doesn't it look so much better: http://i.imgur.com/QlrbCou.png

Waw!! I never new the thing at the top was a moon when I was doing my version :) Is that a moon on the "D" and Mars below the D? :) I now get it.

I agree it should be simple. You cannot embroid the depth and shadow in the current logo.