On Saturday, 20 February 2016 at 17:34:48 UTC, Nicolas F. wrote:
This is really cool and an interesting project, though I've got one concern: How will this fit in with the rest of the C++ efforts done upstream? (...) or is the goal to upstream these changes and make them an officially supported feature?

The two efforts are independent, and the main issue with Calypso's approach: it's tied to LDC, LLVM and Clang. Although I had a slight hope that the approach would get recognized as allowing perfect interfacing with C++ incl. things unthinkable with the « from scratch » approach (like C++ template instantiation) and give D an edge that would probably be sufficient to make lots and lots of people switch from C++ to D, as long as DMD is there and a GDC/GCC version isn't proved feasible there's no question about whether this approach should get officially endorsed or not, and nevertheless the current efforts towards better C++ support in DMD should still yield important results.

Calypso will exist as a LDC plugin, and yes code using Calypso features will only be build-able by LDC+Calypso.

As I see it the goal here is to spearhead a working Qt <-> D interaction, but how would this be used in production? Would Calypso simply be run to generate bindings

The goal of Calypso is to make any C++ library of any complexity usable in D straightaway, and there's no binding involved.

moc was a barrier for Qt because it only parses C++ code, and Qt's C++ API can hardly be used without the code moc generates.