On Saturday, 27 February 2016 at 17:03:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Saturday, 27 February 2016 at 16:54:49 UTC, Suliman wrote:
Why?

etc.c is for the C interface. This is not the C interface.

Besides, the original code will surely be ahead of features and compatibility for a long time anyway.

The duration of that time depends heavily on the amount of contributions :)

But the short term goal is not to reinvent SQLite rather to present a file-format compatible alternative.

The big advantage of sqlite-d is that you can write your logic in D without having to worry about generating SQL or converting your data into strings. However in the long-term I plan to provide SQL support if there is sufficient demand for it.

Right now I am still experimenting with different approaches to make sure the API will not compromise performance.

Also I pushed ctfe to the master-branch now. the repo no longer looks empty.