On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 07:54:09 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

The same procedure will then happen for vibe:http (the new package will include HTTP/2 support) and the other sub packages.

This is great news. Will the new HTTP package support an endpoint address and transport abstraction so it can be used over Unix Domain sockets, Named/Annonymous pipes and other stream types?

I have looked into implementing Unix Domain sockets support for vibe.d(more specifically the reverse proxy module) and noticed that enabling HTTP over UDS would be a fairly big and complicated change.

Working on it is still on my todo list but if the the abstraction is going to change anyway I might wait until it has settled a bit.

I am also willing to look and help with the abstractions before they are included in an official release if it would not interfere too much with your work.