On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 11:22:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I don't think this is the right approach. I think the correct approach is to allow introspection of template parameters [1]. That would allow to get the parameter names without having to instantiate the template.

Is that true? I don't claim to know exactly how the compiler works, but given a template lambda:

foo => 3

Doesn't it generate something like the following?

template __lambda10293(T)
{
    <deduced return type> __lambda10293(T foo)
    {
        return 3;
    }
}

In that case, "foo" is not a template parameter, but a runtime parameter, so template parameter introspection would not help in this case.