On 06/08/2016 11:04 AM, Kagamin wrote:
BTW do people find nested comments particularly useful?

God yes. It's the *only* block comment I ever use. Non-nesting comment blocks are a worthless PITA with no real benefit: You can't comment out a block if the block already contains a block comment. You can't include a block comment inside documentation's sample code. All for...why?

The only real reason is C-compatibility, which I don't see much of a benefit in either - if you're porting C code to D that actually *relies* on the goofy behavior of /* */, then the C code's comments are a terrible mess and need fixing anyway.

I wish we could just abolish non-nesting comment syntax entirely.

              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... meppl via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... earthfront via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce