On 2016-08-24 18:03:39 +0000, Eugene Wissner said:

I want it to become not an event loop only but a general purpose library that has an event loop.

Hi, well, I would re-think this since the danger is, that everything is so connected that I can use either all or nothing at all.

I'm searching for a configurable (network, timer, GUI) stand-alone event-loop library, that abstracts away platform differences for years. Those that I found are so tighly deep coupled with the rest, that you can't get them out.

IMO general purpose libraries building their own context and world-view are waste of time...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com