On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 10:03:22 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
On 2016-08-24 18:03:39 +0000, Eugene Wissner said:

I want it to become not an event loop only but a general purpose library that has an event loop.

Hi, well, I would re-think this since the danger is, that everything is so connected that I can use either all or nothing at all.

I'm searching for a configurable (network, timer, GUI) stand-alone event-loop library, that abstracts away platform differences for years. Those that I found are so tighly deep coupled with the rest, that you can't get them out.

IMO general purpose libraries building their own context and world-view are waste of time...

Do you mean that the library can have different modules but they should be independent of each other as much as possible (like phobos) or that every part that can be separated belongs to its own repository? I absolutely agree with the first but not sure about the second point.