On 11/2/16 8:36 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 at 16:40:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 11/01/2016 11:41 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Monday, 31 October 2016 at 01:27:08 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Glad to announce D 2.072.0.

DMD 2.072.0 miscompiles/uncovers a bug in LDC, so I switched back to DMD
2.071.2 for CI testing. :(

Is there somebody working on that bug? Thanks. -- Andrei

LDC built with DMD 2.072.0 gives the following error when run:
object.Error@src/rt/minfo.d(356): Cyclic dependency between module
ddmd.traits and ddmd.cond
ddmd.traits* ->
ddmd.attrib ->
ddmd.cond* ->
ddmd.expression ->
ddmd.traits*

The issue is that DDMD has cycles, always has. But the cycle detection was broken. This is now fixed in 2.072. An unfortunate side effect from having broken cycle detection since 2011 is that many projects will now detect cycles. 2.072 is going to break a lot of code that was already "broken". I use scare quotes because likely the code is just fine, but the cycle detection is so broad that it's easy to get caught in the net.

The best answer is to somehow do better cycle detection (e.g. determine if there really are dependencies that break with cycles). We have some ideas, but nothing has been fleshed out yet.

-Steve
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Release D... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release D 2.072.0 Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release D 2.072.0 Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release D 2.072.0 Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release D 2.072.0 Soulsbane via Digitalmars-d-announce