On Sunday, 15 May 2016 at 11:09:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 19:07:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 14:07:07 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 08:17:07 UTC, Joakim wrote:
[...]

Great work!

I've slapped up some beta builds, have at it:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases/tag/ddmd

Check out this beautiful version string, a natively built ddmd on my Android tablet:

LDC - the LLVM D compiler (1.0.0-beta1):
  based on DMD v2.070.2 and LLVM 3.8.0
  built with LDC - the LLVM D compiler (3197d6)
  Default target: armv7-none-linux-android
  Host CPU: cortex-a15
  http://dlang.org - http://wiki.dlang.org/LDC

  Registered Targets:
    arm     - ARM
    armeb   - ARM (big endian)
    thumb   - Thumb
    thumbeb - Thumb (big endian)

I've put up three more builds, including ldc master, which uses the latest 2.071 frontend. Once I get JNI and the sample app working, I'll make a proper announcement.

I've put up the latest native and cross-compiler ldc 1.1.0 beta builds for Android, fresh from the master branch and using the 2.071 frontend:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

I believe I've fixed the issue that was causing random crashes in the sample apps, a regression from porting the NDK's C wrapper to D, found by Vadim Lopatim. I've added three sample apps that demonstrate calling D code from JNI.

The sample C++ Teapot app from the NDK has been ported to D and mostly works, including calling Java methods from D through JNI, but I need to track down some other touch-related bugs from the port before committing it. I'm finishing up reggae files to make building the sample apps very easy. I'd like to write up the process to build and use ldc natively on your Android mobile device, from the Termux app, on the wiki.

Once those three are done, I'll create a new thread to properly announce this beta; in the meantime, nothing will change with these new beta builds, so try them out.